[gluten free, vegan]
- ½ cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ½ tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 zucchini
- 1 can of drained cannellini beans
- 1 large sweet potato
- Prep the ingredients. Finely chop the fresh parsley and garlic, and then zest the lemon until you reach about ½ tablespoon of zest. Drain the liquid out of the can of cannellini beans, and pour the beans into a strainer and wash until the water runs clear with no bubbles.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, besides the beans, zucchini and sweet potato.
- Stir the beans into the bowl, thoroughly coating them with the dressing.
- Cut each end off of the zucchini and then peel the skin off with a vegetable peeler. Using the same tool, peel the zucchini into thin ribbons until the entire vegetable is peeled. Place each ribbon in the bowl with the beans and dressing, and mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Set aside to soak, stirring occasionally.
- Using a large knife, slice the sweet potato lengthways into pieces about half an inch thick.
- Put one piece in the toaster and toast until it has brown spots and bubbles, indicating it is soft enough to eat. (Try toasting at a medium heat, repeating the toasting cycle five or six times, or until the surface is soft) Repeat with every piece of sweet potato.
- Place sweet potato toast on a plate and scoop the bean, zucchini and dressing mixture out of the bowl and onto each piece of toast. Enjoy!